Fees and Payment
- All fees are due at the time of service.
- We accept cash, credit, and check as well as payment services like PayPal, Cash App, and Google Pay. If you have a Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA), use of blank checks order from the HSA/FSA account can be used to pay for services each week. Otherwise, HSA/FSA cards will be accepted and charged similarly to credit cards. Appointments cannot be scheduled without a credit card authorization on file.
- The evaluation fee is per hour and is based on the total time spent on the evaluation process (testing, scoring, analyzing results, formulating recommendations, and writing the report).
- The fee for therapy is based on a session duration and includes the time spent in direct therapy and consultation with client and family.
- Payments may be made with cash, check, app-based platforms PayPal and CashApp, or credit/health card. A $5 processing fee will be added to your rate for credit/health card payments. There will be a $50.00 charge for any returned check.
- The Wellness Group for Voice, Speech, and Swallowing, LLC reserves the right to withhold services if balance is not paid in full.
Third Party Payers
Understanding insurance benefits before your visit is your responsibility. We do not hold contracts with insurance companies or third-party payers. You will pay the cost of services at the time of your appointment in full, and may be able to receive reimbursement from your insurance. If you have any questions, we are happy to assist you in understanding your policy before your service with us. Asking questions in advance will help you estimate your financial responsibility in relation to your policy. Call your insurance company to ask the following questions about your plan’s coverage:
- Is speech pathology a covered benefit in the plan? You may need to provide the insurance company with the treatment CPT codes and ICD-10 diagnosis codes that will be billed. Common CPT codes include:
- Evaluation codes may include: 92520, 92521, 92522, 92524, 92610, 92612, 92511, 31575, 31579
- Treatment codes may include: 92507, 92508, 92526
- How many visits are allowed per year? Are visits counted by calendar or plan year?
- What is the deductible?
- What is the copay or coinsurance for each visit?
- What are exclusions on the benefit plan? (such as exclusions if due to developmental delay, specific diagnoses, or covered only if due to “injury or illness,” mental health conditions, congenital abnormalities, or medical necessity.)
- Are pre-authorization and physician referral required?
- Does the plan have out-of-network reimbursement for speech pathology services?
- What details are needed to provide to the insurance company for reimbursement, if the plan has out-of-network reimbursement?
- How and where are claims submitted?
Attendance, Cancellation, and No Shows
- Regular attendance is essential to achieve your goals.
- Sessions will end at the scheduled time even if they are started late. If the late start is the fault of the clinician, the rate charge will be adjusted for the time that was missed. If you are late for your session, the rate charge will not be adjusted and you will be billed per the hourly rate.
- If you are going to be late, call and notify us. If you are late without a phone call for three (3) sessions, service may be terminated. Clients who are 15 or more minutes late for three (3) or more sessions will be subject to a $25 charge OR possible termination of services.
- At least a 48-hour notice is required for non-emergency cancellations. If you do not show for a scheduled session or provide less than a 48-hour notice, you will be charged in full.
- If you are not home or do not show for a scheduled appointment, you will be charged for that session at the regular fee rates.
- Multiple Cancellations Policy: Therapy sessions canceled three (3) or more times, regardless of the reason, during a three-month period are subject to a charge of the regular therapy rate OR possible termination of services.
- A no call/no show will result in immediate discharge and no services for six months.
- Our office does not automatically follow any school closings. Your speech-language pathologist should be contacted regarding your desire to cancel a session due to driving conditions. Rescheduling when possible is appreciated.